• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ruu help!

magic1

May 18, 2010
ive downloaded the htc sync sotware from htc's website as well as the official verizon ruu to return phone back to stock. the program works up until the point where it tries to connect with the eris and says its unable to connect. any thoughts? im about ready to sling it!:eek::mad:

ive downloaded the htc sync sotware from htc's website as well as the official verizon ruu to return phone back to stock. the program works up until the point where it tries to connect with the eris and says its unable to connect. any thoughts? im about ready to sling it!:eek::mad:

Details are important if you want help. What version of Windows on the PC, is it x32 or x64, did you enable USB debugging on the phone, what ROM are you using, can you use the same configuration to transfer files to/from the phone, etc.

Upvote 0

magic1,

Usually HTC Sync does the trick (although I don't remember if you have to specify something about getting the USB drivers or not). If you PM me with an email address, I'll send you a collection of USB drivers I've put together.

Also, Frisco posted a really good link to a web site regarding USB drivers that might help you out: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/171365-usb-driver-help.html#post1547500 (here's the direct link: http://www.pchelpsoft.com/hh-online/p/Windows/USB%20Device?gclid=CLmctLnv-KMCFQEMbAodPUicIQ)

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Details are important if you want help. What version of Windows on the PC, is it x32 or x64, did you enable USB debugging on the phone, what ROM are you using, can you use the same configuration to transfer files to/from the phone, etc.
windows vista/yes the debugging is enabled on the phone/stock android 2.1 with root access/i can get the phone to show up on the pc when i connect it as a disk drive and it will charge

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
windows vista/yes the debugging is enabled on the phone/stock android 2.1 with root access/i can get the phone to show up on the pc when i connect it as a disk drive and it will charge

That does sound like a Windows driver issue, since you can successfully use all of the hardware involved (but with a different USB driver) successfully.

A single (hardware) USB link can have multiple logical endpoints, and the PC will use a separate driver for each endpoint - in your case, the "Mass Storage" endpoint is working correctly, but the "Composite ADB" driver is not installed.

For my Win7/x64 machine, I had to edit the driver ".inf" file to get it to install. In that case, the fact that my OS was x64 was critically important. (You didn't mention it)

Let us know if what scary alien provides you works.

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones