ruu

Last Updated:

1. dizzie916

dizzie916 Member This Topic's Starter

i would like to unroot my hero i have to ruu file and was woundering how to use as there are no guides to unroot and i am fairly new to android and am having just exuberant amounts of fun and learning with this fone thank you all and a huge thanks to the devs

Advertisement
  2. jUsT2eXy

jUsT2eXy Well-Known Member

Hi...

Google Search = unroot htc hero - Google Search

I will save you the time... here is a link which will help resolve your problem. If the video / instructions don't help pop back here and someone will guide you.

How To: UnRoot the HTC Hero/Get Back to Cupcake (Updated for Sprint Hero) | The Unlockr

=======================================================================
    Here is how to get back to the original Hero ROM. You can use this to unroot for warranty purposes OR you can use this if you have the latest Hero ROM (which blocks rooting) and want to downgrade so you can root and re upgrade.

1. Download the follow file and save it to your computer:
    Hero Original RUU

2. Download HTC Sync and install it on your computer (if you haven’t already). You can download it from HTC here:
    HTC Sync
    3. Plug in the phone to the computer via USB cable (HTC Sync should be running and automatically connect to the device).

4. Once HTC is done syncing, double click the RUU file and follow the onscreen instructions.

5. That’s it!

========================================================================