• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

meangreengdub

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2009
DFW, Texas
I want to unroot my phone because of some problems so I downloaded the RUU suggested in the Rooting thread. It hooked up my phone like it said and hit start and for over 30 mins, it just kept saying Starting..... and that it was Updating the ROM on my phone. Finally, I did an End Process and did a battery pull and it never even started.

Anyone else have this problem and is there another way to unroot??

messaging back to normal now?

Ya, seems to be working again. And the phone seems to be pretty snappy at the moment. I'm sure I'll root again.

I'm going to take it to Sprint today to have the clean the dust out under the screen since it's back to stock. They won't know I rooted will they since I ran the RUU?

Upvote 0
They won't know. RUU removes everything and pushes a stock image back onto the phone. Most techs at the sprint stores wouldn't know how to check for root anyways, but just to be safe its best to root after the repair.

Your phone is going to feel snappy right after a RUU because it clears out all the memory and Cache. It will settle back down to normal after a few hours of use most likely.

Upvote 0
They won't know. RUU removes everything and pushes a stock image back onto the phone. Most techs at the sprint stores wouldn't know how to check for root anyways, but just to be safe its best to root after the repair.

Your phone is going to feel snappy right after a RUU because it clears out all the memory and Cache. It will settle back down to normal after a few hours of use most likely.

That's what I figured. Seems like there would be a way to keep the memory clean and Cache. I know theres an app for deleting Cache but I think it's only for root.

So how does rooting and adding gumbo and all that make it faster?? I know it does make it faster I'm just wondering why.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones