RyanZA lagfix?

1. mike-evans

mike-evans Active Member

Looking at doing the rooting and one click lag fix to my SGS with the RyanXA app off the Android market, anyone done it before i do it? Is there anything I neded to know first? Is it a straight forward just run and follow the app task?

Advertisement
  2. goughy

goughy Well-Known Member

Heaps will have doneit and ifyou do a search there will be plenty of comments about it. I'm a total gumby at this stuff but I did it with only one problem, and that was having to find out what the key presses are to enter the mode at reboot to run the update.zip file. It's power+center menu+vol up. Then you should be laughing.
  3. mike-evans

mike-evans Active Member

I have just done it, it seems fine...one question, do I leave it rooted, or go back and unroot it? Does it mater leaving it rooted?
  4. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Voodoo lagfix is superior, so for the lagfix aspect I'd go for that (I was on OCLF before Voodoo came along, its definitely not as good as Voodoo).
  5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

leave it rooted, once you've done the lag fix thats it :)
  6. mike-evans

mike-evans Active Member

Now my phone is rooted, what does it enable me to do? What is the benefit of rooting?
  7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

8. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

You should advise people what else that "lagfix" does when recommending it, it has other changes the user may not like and you need to flash in order to completely remove it unlike this one.
  9. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Probably true, because muppets would just do that on my say so without actually reading up on what they're doing to their phone...

There is a lagfix only version now though, so you don't have to have the colour/sharpness settings fix bundled with it...