?'s about texting, 3G........General

Last Updated:

1. daisy007

daisy007 New Member This Topic's Starter

im new to this phone so bare with me on my ?'s LOL

1. Why wont my phone stay in 3G?

2. How can i forward a text message, like if i want to send it to an email?

3. Is there anyway to get T9? qwerty is a little confusing, but guess i will have to learn how.

4. I received a video text message but it wont play it.

:eek:

thats it for now, Thanks

Advertisement
  2. wnajar

wnajar Well-Known Member

Your phone really is in 3G mode all the time but sometimes your phone doesn't need it or there is no coverage. 3G and 1X are used for different things.

In the native message app, long press on the text that you want to forward (hold your finger down until you feel a little vibration) and then press "Forward".

You can't get T9 without any extra apps, though in due process you'll wonder why you ever wanted it again. I doubt there are many apps offering T9 anyways. Just get used to the QWERTY and you'll thank yourself later.

I'm not sure if there is native support for playing video outside of YouTube. Try downloading a video player app? Not sure about this one.

3. daisy007

hey thanks so much

4. google123

google123 Well-Known Member

I just got my Eris as well so I don't know a whole lot about it either but I'm willing to help.

1. Not sure, my phone wont stay on 3G either. It keeps dropping down to 1X and then reverting back to 3G. It does that throughout the day, a lot.

2. To Forward a message, just press and hold on the message in the messages list and a menu will pop up and one of the options is forward. Just enter an email address in the to: field and off you go.

3. When typing, press the options key on the keyboard, its the second button from the left corner along the bottom row, it looks like a small gear, and click on keyboard types. U have 3 options, QWERTY, Phone Keypad, and Compact QWERTY. Using Keypad, just shows the number pad just like on a regular phone.

4. Haven't got a video message yet so not sure on this one.

5. daisy007

ok on my last ? its actually a slideshow, it wont play do i still need to use a video player?

6. wnajar

wnajar Well-Known Member

Is it a video slideshow or just a collection of pictures? If the former, you need a video player, if the latter, just save the pictures and use the Gallery!

7. daisy007

im honestly not sure it just says one slide.

8. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

You should be able to just view the picture ... does it show as an attachment?