S advance any good? Does it have network problem? THANKSGeneral

1. localuser

localuser Well-Known Member

I've been planning to buy S advance, and i've read some reviews, there are humors that s advance does have a network problem but some of them doesn't have this problem so i'm pretty confused if it's real or what. BTW i've seen it at gsmarena. Can you guys clarify it to me :( THANKS!

Do you think it will get an ics update? Can you give me a link that proves it, i mean the trusted site :D

Advertisement
  2. wearethestorm

wearethestorm Well-Known Member

I don't have any network problems.. I would personally say get the SII as it is still getting updates. S Advance is great but it won't get upgraded past Gingerbread I don't think- there's never even been rumours of an update.
  3. localuser

It isn't recommended because of the ics update? How about the performance? Is it good?

Btw as i said i've been to many forums, sites, reviews and videos many of them are saying that s advance will be getting an update. I've seen a video endorsing the specs of S advance and it includes the logo of ics. I've also seen comments that it will be possible at the quarter of the year. I'm not sure but i guess it's a sign :)
  4. wearethestorm

I mean if you want an ICS device, don't get the S Advance. The performance is great, especially for the price, but the SII has been reduced now with the SIII's release so I don't think the price difference is too much.

All those rumours are from users, it's not on the list of devices getting an update that Samsung has released so I doubt they'll change their mind, there's always hope though!
  5. localuser

Beside from the ics update problem, have you encountered other problems like battery problem, network, and lag when playing games. How's the camera btw?

I don't think i can't afford s2 and ofcourse s3. Lack of budget :( And the s2 is kinda bigger i mean s advance seems legit when it comes to the size.

i'd rather buy a tablet than to buy s2 :D im just saying
  6. wearethestorm

Not really- no battery or network problems, mostly lag free but I do sometimes get lag playing Temple Run. The camera is OK, not great, and you can't zoom, but you can always crop after.

S advance is a great size but S2 is only 3mm longer and 2mm wider. Just use an S3 for a few minutes and then the s2 will feel tiny!
  7. localuser

How about the keys beside the home button? Is it sensor?
  8. wearethestorm

Yeah touch, menu and back, same as most Samsung galaxy phones..
  9. localuser

My hands are sweaty is this a problem to it? :D :(
  10. nieltab

nieltab Well-Known Member

Not really except that you will dirt the screen :p
  11. localuser

I heard that there is a screen protector, the sweat free one? I mean even your hands are sweaty it won't mind at all because it's not that thin that even the sensor keys will be affected by your wet hands. if you know what i mean :) :D Is it true? Does it cause that much or just the same as the normal screen protector? Thanks
  12. nieltab

I have never heard of these screen protectors and IMO you won't need it.
  13. localuser

Isee. Btw how would i know if the cp i bought is original i mean not the replica one :)
  14. nieltab

I bought these from hong kong on ebay, only like 1 dollar for 2 cps. Its already for months on my device and it does the job great.