1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

S, B ang G on keyboard exiting me out of messaging screen.

1. imslickrick79

imslickrick79 New Member

keyboard letters "s" "b" and "g" take me to a different screen called "all messages" I just want to finish a complete sentence without having to press back 3 or 4 times a sentence. Please help!

Actually B takes me to hhtp:/?vision.sprintpcs.com

Advertisement
  2. yankups

yankups New Member

i have a similar problem but I've only had the phone a week & haven't figured out what I'm pressing but in the middle of typing it shoots me up to the very 1st text I sent that person I'm typing. So I have to scroll all the way down & I get kinda angry cause I forget to delete texts and when you have 80-100 to scroll through just to finish typing gets frustrating.
  3. ginglish

ginglish Well-Known Member

Look at Menu/Settings/Applications, then click Quick Launch.
    There are keyboard shortcuts set up using the Search key and single letter keys.
    Search + B = Internet
    Search + G = Gmail
    Search + S = Messages (SMS)

Check for a sticking Search Key.
  4. apinel

apinel Member

I have the same issue, which only showed up after upgrading to Gingerbread. Also, what is a 'Search' key? I have noticed that this problem only occurs when I use either the 'S', 'G', or 'B' keys on the slider keyboard (not when I use the touch-screen keyboard). Another problems it that sometimes when I start typing a text message or Google chat message using the slide-out keyboard it will start typing all letters in caps. Again, this problem only occurs when using the slider keyboard and I am not pressing any 'Search' keys as I don't even know what that key is. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  5. ginglish

ginglish Well-Known Member

The Search Key is the little magnifying glass key directly below the X Key.

The up arrow Key just above the FN key is the Shift Key. It works as a toggle key. press once for one capital letter, press twice for all caps, and press again for all lower case. In the right lighting conditions, you'll see a small white light in the area just above the Q key to show what state the Shift Key is in. If you have a case on the phone, you may have to look under the edge to see the light. Hope that helps.
  6. incuBecfrmMars

incuBecfrmMars New Member

I was having the same problem. I checked into it by doing what @ginglish said above and then I deleted the shortcuts that were preset. Here's what you can do..
    Press the Menu circle on the face of the phone click settings then scroll down to applications and click quick launch. If there are shorcuts listed for the letters you are having problems with simply hold your finger on that "assign application" line for a few seconds and you will get a pop up asking if you'd like to delete the shortcut. I deleted all three of the preset shortcuts and now things are running smoothly again. I've had my phone for a month now and this problem just popped up yesterday. Not sure why all of a sudden but I've done what I think will help.
    ~B
    Stormbow likes this.
  7. Daernhelm

Daernhelm New Member

I too followed Ginglish's advice to check for sticking search key. I simply clicked that search button and then backed out of the search and the keyboard works as it should now.

Kudos to all for the great information in this thread. Thank you!
  8. Stormbow

Stormbow New Member

Joined the forums JUST to thank this post. It solved the most irritating problem I've had with my silly HTC Evo 4G.

And I don't care if I necro'd the thread. It was worth it.
  9. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay. :D