S BandTips

Last Updated:

1. mg8r1016

mg8r1016 Member

Does anyone know if the S Band has been released yet to track your steps, etc? I have looked but have not found it or a date when it will be released.

2. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

Last I read somewhere was June but no specific date was listed. Waiting for it myself.
  3. jlrosell

jlrosell Well-Known Member

WOOPS I tried to delete this post but cant figure out how. I am talking about the wrong thing. Those employees didnt have the S Band, they had the UP by Jawbone. Sorry for the misinformation.

You can order them at a verizon store. I received my phone today and took it right to verizon for a screen protector. The woman showed me 2 other associates there wearing their wrist bands.
    I asked if they were in stock and she said no but they can order them for you.
    Regularly 130 bucks. With my discount I can get it for 97 and I also have about a 20 dollar credit from trading in my Bionic.
    Probably will order the S band next week.
  4. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

Are they really 130 bucks ? Damn it.
  5. jlrosell

S Band? I dont think so. I was talking about the UP by Jawbone. Im not sure of the price of the S Band.
  6. GatorfanDroid

h ok whew , i was like wtf really,
  7. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

The S Band is 130, amazingly.
  8. jlrosell

not surprising though. same price as the other band thats currently on the market.
  9. GatorfanDroid

Is it really? Damn it. I was hoping to get one so I have it around my arm while jogging/ running during my work outs instead of in my pocket.
  10. jlrosell

If its something you are really going to use non-stop, I think its worth it. If you already use a pedometer type device, the convenience of having it on your wrist is a huge plus.
    Change pants, throw them in the laundry or wherever and forget to take the thing with you. No need to worry about that. It will stay on your wrist.
    Sleeping with it to track sleep patterns, no discomfort if you roll on to your side with one clipped at your waist. Because its on your wrist.
  11. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

The Fitbit One is available now for $99 at various places and on-line. It is wearable on the waist or on the wrist and it monitors steps, stairs climbed and sleep. The user interface on-line is really good. There is an app for the S4 that works with it.

12. GatorfanDroid

All good points. But damn 130 bucks.
  13. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

The S4 can already track your steps.
  14. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Not if it's sitting in a desk or table ;)