• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S finder not really working

Has anyone else experienced a flaky working s finder? I find that it works the first one or two times I use it but after that it will keep searching without stopping. Even when I search for something that popped up quickly the first time I searched. Kind of annoying since I really like this feature but can't seem to get it to work consistently

Thanks for any help on this.

I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem. Or am I?
Nope , you are not.
Have the same problem.It works the first time, and when I repeat exactly the same question it hangs with that sync thing spinning.

I was in a shop today and did several searches and it works perfect.

So what does my note 3 have that others don't.

Maybe we could find a way to re- index somewhere.

Huib

Upvote 0
It's the PayPal app. At least that's what did it for me.

Spent an hour on the phone with Samsung tech support and they eventually told me to reset my phone to factory settings. I was very angry because I just bought this phone yesterday and spent the whole day setting it up to how I like it, and now I had to reset it.

After reset, it worked just fine. So I went through the app store and downloaded all the apps I use.... And then it started glitching exactly like the Op said. So I uninstalled app after app until it worked... And PayPal was the last app to go. So to test it, I reinstalled PayPal and kept it checked in S Finder's search settings, and voila, it glitched. So I unchecked it, restarted my phone, and now S Finder works just fine.

Let me know if this helped anyone. I've spent the last 4 hours trying to fix this issue, and it would be nice to know if it helped anyone. If anyone knows of any other app that freezes S Finder, post it here. Samsung needs to fix this.

Reactions: Duckster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones