S III Battery useGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-02-21 19:16:11
  1. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

I feel the same way but had to burn my last upgrade so I went with the S3. I didn't really want to have two of the same phones but I could exchange it for a Droid Incredible 4G and give that to my wife and take back my Maxx. With ICS just around the corner it might just be worth keeping. That Maxx battery sure does spoil a person!

Advertisement
  2. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

Nice battery times on here!!!
  3. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member

Yea i don't have an upgrade till July 24th but I have a $250 best buy card so it'll be a free 32Gb white S3 for me :)
  4. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Well-Known Member

1:48 screen time today...

Attached Files:

5. schiavizzato

schiavizzato New Member

anyone knows any mophie for this phone? thanks a lot
  6. rowlers

rowlers Well-Known Member

heres mine:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm happy!
  7. naviwilliams

Only 1 hour 32 minutes screen use today.
    I was working :)

Attached Files:

8. FirstGen

FirstGen Well-Known Member

haha Fm2012? How do you like it on the phone? I have the game for my pc and it takes up a lot of ram. So I am sure it drains the crap out of the phone huh?
  9. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Well-Known Member

It's quite decent. It is obviously not a patch on the PC version and it does drain the battery a fair bit but it is addictive in the way only FM can be so I like playing it
    I will try and post a few screenshots of it later so you can get an idea of what it is like
  10. naviwilliams

Bam, how ya like me now? Only almost two hours of screen use...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files:

11. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Well-Known Member

53% here

Attached Files:

12. Woody4OU

Woody4OU Well-Known Member

day one.

rocking since 6am

texting, photos, web, calls, email.....

now it is 12 o'clock and still at 91% battery.

:smokingsomb:
  13. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Well-Known Member

14. liteon163

liteon163 Well-Known Member

So it looks like I can reasonably expect my SGS3 to last on LTE about as long as my LG Spectrum on 3G. Awesome! That's what I was hoping. :rolleyes:
  15. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Well-Known Member

Well I just did a bit of browsing then played about 30 minutes of Angry Birds in a pub (hic) and it only knocked about 10% off the battery. With my S2 that would have been more like 25% I think. :smokingsomb:
  16. b82rez

b82rez New Member

Sorry no screenshot....

But after a full days use with a moderate charge in the middle, my stats are,

54% battery

Android system: 55%!
    screen: 14%
    cell stby: 8%
    media: 8%
    android os:3%

Is that Android system number normal????
  17. brownitus

brownitus Well-Known Member

Where do you go to get screens like Use Details and others besides just Battery?
  18. mihqke

mihqke Active Member

You have to click on them.
  19. kkalll

kkalll Member

My battery life is crap. Maybe its that cell standby issue. I hardly can make it through the day with no more usage than few calls. I carry my charger with me, its worse than my HTC Sensation.

I really hope that Samsung will come up with update for this, I'm disappointed.
  20. phatbass30

phatbass30 Well-Known Member

silly question, but is it okay to leave the phone with the charger overnight? cos when its fully charge the phone says to unplug the charger.

thanks
  21. mihqke

mihqke Active Member

It's ok. Nothing happens with your battery or phone. I guess most of us do that. Including me.
    amitbhatt89 and brownitus like this.
  22. kasper007

kasper007 Well-Known Member

So is it safe to say that I will get a full day of moderate to heavy use? some of these numbers say yes, but others say no way......
  23. naviwilliams

You should get at least 10-12 hours easy...
  24. philhguk

philhguk Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. wraithevolution

wraithevolution Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd share what the S3 can do with light usage. My last couple days were mostly texting sms & mms, little wifi and several app updates. I think there was a phone call or two as well. Anyways, didn't use it much and I am pretty damn happy with the standby time. I'm positive I could have hit 3 days but I want to get a full charge now that Saturdays here. Oh, and I was also sporting a live wallpaper as well. Just showing what light usage can yield, not throwing it in anyone's face. :D

[​IMG]