• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help s-note corrupted? lost data, can anyone help

ChrisENote

Oct 5, 2012
UK
Hi, I've been using s-note today for my work notes, I do a note for each months meetings &work but most of pages just got blanked this morning somehow.

The note has about 45 pages and all but 1 of them has gone plain white with no text or background.

I had backed it up but last thursday to google so I've just lost a weeks work!

Does anyone know any tricks to recover it ?

Reactions: LastTime
Hello Chris. Sorry to see you may have lost your work.

I'd start by searching the sd card for files *.snb.

Recovered or not, a good next step would be to sync all work with DropBox via DropSync. ;)

If they were lost after an update, I can understand.. but I'm wondering if the data was saved properly in the first place. I lost some stuff at first by assuming it'd be saved just by being there when I backed out of the S-Notes app. :D

Upvote 0
Thanks Frisco, already went through the files and it saved several times a day as it's a working document. It is truly corrupted as I cannot edit what remains and it crashes when I try.

I do use the sync on s-note app but have to manually ask it to sync, which I hadn't done for a week. I use google drive and drop box but google for s-note. I will take a closer look at dropsync S I assume it automatically syncs?

Upvote 0
Same here. Last days, samsung sync corrupted all my notes.

Some ask for password, some cant open.

Great work samsung! All my work to the garbage.

Deleted everything. Inatalled rom from scratch. Snote starts clean. But as soon as it syncs, all corrupted notes comes again. And everytime I hit sync, corrupted notes vary. So, samsung server is fuc**d up pretty bad.

Upvote 0
Same thing here. Lost two weeks of notes. Previous notebooks were fully backed up, but this one I hadn't done yet.
It happened when inserting a picture here as well. The previous notes done successfully I did insert some pics manually, but not from S Note's template. So it crapped out while inserting a picture into a template page where there's a pic placeholder.
Same blank pages except a few random written things. Same number of pages shown, just all gone!
The picture on the first page still shows up on the thumbnail in the S Note app, but doesn't show when opening it.
So ya, there's a bug that's corrupting the .snb files.
BTW: I signed up for this forum just to respond to this post--that frustrated...

Upvote 0
Hi, I've been using s-note today for my work notes, I do a note for each months meetings &work but most of pages just got blanked this morning somehow.

The note has about 45 pages and all but 1 of them has gone plain white with no text or background.

I was fighting a similar problem with several notes including over 100 pages going blank. The problem started when I tried to export them. I worked with Samsung online chat help who installed some updates, which helped momentarily, then back to blank and S Note would freeze up. The strange thing is that the thumbnail "edit page" view showed the populated pages, so the data was still there - I just couldn't view the open note. Just by luck, I found when I rebooted my device (Samsung Note 8 tablet), I could open the notes again for awhile. But then they went blank again. I'm fed up with this Samsung crapware and am transcribing all note data manually to Evernote.

Reactions: Renato DSouza
Upvote 0
I too, just signed up for an count w android forums so that I could respond to this post. I just sat writing for 5 hours with stylus on s note. I had saved my work many times during the creation of my entry for the day. When finished w the document, and I really put my soul into this material - it was incredible! Probably the best writing I've ever done full of examples, citations, analogies, similarities - it just FLOWED. I was so pleased w myself today after being blocked for months, the creativity was just pouring out of me! So there's an empty block of space the app keeps antagonizing me to fill w a picture. And I have one! It's perfect - i even add some text effects. But I'm getting increasingly annoyed bcuz wen I grab a pen to write or erase with, the photo keeps jumping around on the page. S note kept "forgetting" what tool I had selected. So I push thru that, finally finished, a little frustrated at the app. I really didn't need that photo or the time wasted constantly clicking undo to reset the photo on the page - i take a step back to see how it all gels on the pages of my notebook and ALL OF MY TEXT IS GONE!! Close, reopen, check for more files, check evernote, check here for a solution, check back again bcuz I'm still in shock & denial that 5 hours of brainstorming creative power could just disappear into thin air???!!!! And IT'S GONE, AS IN FOREVER!! SAMSUNG, I HAVE NVR HATED AN APP BEFORE! ! BUT I CAN TELL U RIGHT NOW IT IS WITH INCREDIBLE HATRED AND DISGUST THAT I TELL U TO SHOVE UR FUKING SNOTE APP WITH STYLUS!!!! FAR FAR UP UR FUKING ASS BCUZ IT IS SHIT!! AND THAT'S WHERE UR SHIT BELONGS! ! UP UR ASS!! NOT IN A FUKING APP - ON MY PHONE - THAT DESTROYS MY WORLD AS I KNOW IT!! FUK U SAMSUNG!!!!

Upvote 0
This morning, I woke to find my Sam Gal S4 had deleted all of my important S Notes without permission. I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary. The phone has been unable to download for some time, due to inadequate memory, despite installing a Samsung SDHC memory card for photos and removing any apps and downloads I'd added myself. Still not enough memory to re-install one Flashlight app. Samsung has recently been harassing me with their daily update message, which I've postponed due to the inadequate memory issue. I am very very pissed that somehow Samsung just managed to delete my personal S Notes, without my prior authorization. I thought the entire point of having S notes on the phone, was so I could keep important info at hand, instead of carrying around a big John Boy Notebook. If there is no way to retrieve the notes they've just stolen from me, I will never buy another Samsung. I found the Snote file and there is no way to open it - the only option is to checkmark it and press the trash can - which I obviously won't. If anyone knows where to find my S Notes, if they still exist - I will send you a money order.

Upvote 0
This morning, I woke to find my Sam Gal S4 had deleted all of my important S Notes without permission. I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary. The phone has been unable to download for some time, due to inadequate memory, despite installing a Samsung SDHC memory card for photos and removing any apps and downloads I'd added myself. Still not enough memory to re-install one Flashlight app. Samsung has recently been harassing me with their daily update message, which I've postponed due to the inadequate memory issue. I am very very pissed that somehow Samsung just managed to delete my personal S Notes, without my prior authorization. I thought the entire point of having S notes on the phone, was so I could keep important info at hand, instead of carrying around a big John Boy Notebook. If there is no way to retrieve the notes they've just stolen from me, I will never buy another Samsung. I found the Snote file and there is no way to open it - the only option is to checkmark it and press the trash can - which I obviously won't. If anyone knows where to find my S Notes, if they still exist - I will send you a money order.
THIS S NOTES IS AN APP FROM HELL. NOT EVEN SAMSUNG CAN GIVE YOU A SOLUTION

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
Hi everyone I have a solution that worked for me as I was as frustrated as everybody else sounds.

I hope this works for you too

what I did is go to Application manager / SNote /
then I uninstalled UPDATES

When you reopen S Notes it may act as if you are brand new but don't worry about that,

Open your S Note application/go to all notes/import /from Samsung account

I got all my 56 notes back good luck
:)
☆locklady☆

Upvote 0
Hi everyone I have a solution that worked for me as I was as frustrated as everybody else sounds.

I hope this works for you too

what I did is go to Application manager / SNote /
then I uninstalled UPDATES

When you reopen S Notes it may act as if you are brand new but don't worry about that,

Open your S Note application/go to all notes/import /from Samsung account

I got all my 56 notes back good luck
:)
☆locklady☆
PS if your data happens to be somewhere other than your Samsung account be sure to import from there for instance your Google account, etc...
(*feel relieved *)
The solution also work for me. I uninstalled the updates and then imported all S notes from Samsung account. Thanks

Reactions: locklady
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones