S Note question/helpGeneral

Last Updated: 2014-01-11 16:31:44
  1. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

As in mentioned in another post, I use the s pen and s note religiously at work.

With that being said, do you think I'll have a problem bringing over s notes from my note 2 to my note 3?

Is that even possible? And if so, can you inform me how?

Advertisement
  2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be an issue.

You can do it by 2 means:
    1) sync via S Cloud (Samsung's own cloud service)
    2) use KIES

I use KIES all the time to transfer S Notes between my Note 2 and Note 10.1. I, unfortunately, am one of those people who have issues using S Cloud. Constantly giving darn errors every time I try to sync. Never able to resolve that.

Also use KIES to backup my S Notes.

You can connect both Notes at the same time and use KIES to transfer notes between the devices.
  3. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

So I just went into s note, hit the menu button and selected sync. It asked me to send it to Evernote or Google docs. Not really knowing which one to choose I went with Google docs. It took a couple of minutes, but synced.

I'm guessing that when I get the note 3 I'll go into s note and click "import?"
  4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Neo, I am vaguely familiar with KIES... can this thing transfer all app data or just Samsung app data? I need to get all my app data from my Galaxy Nexus to the Note 3.

Open to suggestions here...
  5. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

@ atrain311: Unfortunately, I am unsure about cloud syncing with S Note. I always had issues with it that I was unable to resolve. Hence resorting to KIES to transfer S Notes between the Notes.

@The_Chief: I am unsure about the app data. But can only assume that the Nexus 7 will sync app data via google. And will be able to sync back to the Note 3 via same Google account. Samsung does have its own app store and KIES connects to that (not Google Play store). Unfortunately, I also don't use KIES much except for transferring S Notes and the occasional backup.

One thing I did learn is not to rely heavily on KIES as it is a flaky program at best.

:(
    The_Chief likes this.
  6. Jframe1

Jframe1 Member

Kies will not transfer non Samsung data. Google account will save your installed apps in the play store (you'll find A tab for your installed apps ), but you have to re download each individually when you set up the note 3. Unless your talking about a Google app like Gmail or Google docs, the app data will not be transferred with the reinstallation, so it's best to use any backup thing available through the original app itself on your Note 2 or other prior phone (for example, w "When Did I", I used their backup to dropbox option before transferring to Note 3, then did a restore from dropbox within the app when I reinstalled it on my note 3). This sounds cumbersome, but it's belter todoa clean install anyway. Hope this helps!