1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

S-OFF and HBOOT 2.16.0001

Last Updated:

1. ComputerCowboy

ComputerCowboy New Member This Topic's Starter

I promise I have read through this whole thread and not found an answer...I am a bit of a noob so my apologies.

I have:

SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-OFF
    HBOOT-2.16.0001

I ran unrEVOked and then the next day I foolishly accepted the HTC update to gingerbread before I had a chance to do any backups or flash any new ROMs. Since I do have the S-OFF, does this mean I can re-root (update apparently unrooted)? If so, could someone please point me in the right direction? If not, I will go back to waiting like everyone else. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

if you have s-off then you are pretty much still rooted. do you have a custom recovery? if not then you can just flash a recovery. you can get it here:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/259446-clockwork-amon-ra-pc36img-files.html. after you have the recovery then you can just flash a rom.

edit: almost forgot to welcome you to the forums. so welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ComputerCowboy likes this.
  3. ComputerCowboy

ComputerCowboy New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the welcome to the threads and the Info!

I ran the latest clockwork recovery and then tried running rom manager and got the same SU error that originally made me think I was never properly rooted or that the update un-rooted me.

Tried to run busybox and same errors... no such file in system/bin/su

Should I wait for the next unrevoked or do you think I still have a chance?

Thanks.

4. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

What happens when you try to go to recovery? Have you tried? You may not need to flash one at all. If you *do* need to reflash a custom recovery and choose to flash CW (Clockworkmod), flash 2.6, not 3.0....personally I recommend Amon RA, so you might wanna flash that one instead. Once you have a custom recovery, flash a different rooted ROM; I'm pretty sure that will fix your "SU" permissions issues. Keep us posted.

5. youdoofus

youdoofus Disabled

What are.you using ROM manager for? As a general rule we almost always recommend staying away from it as it can be buggy, esp with regards to flashing roms.