S-Off and Warranty replacementsGeneral

1. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Just wondering. I am getting a warranty replacement for my incredible with a bad wifi radio. Is it okay that I have S-Off?

Advertisement
    :
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

You will want to turn s-on, just in case they look, but they probably won't.
    gonzoguy24 likes this.
  3. gonzoguy24

Thanks buddy. Yeah I have saved all the threads on reverting back to stock with the Inc and I will give them a hefty read. Just wanted everyone to weigh in on it.

Thanks again!
  4. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Agreed. If they find out your rooted/etc after they give you the replacement they WILL charge the full cost of the replacement. Again, they almost never check, but they do sometimes.
    gonzoguy24 likes this.
  5. gonzoguy24

Anyone have a tale of getting busted?!
  6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

gonzoguy24 likes this.
  7. gonzoguy24

Again, many thanks to all of you!

I wonder if i will get an SLCD... AH!

I read that the new CWM works with SLCD so I should be good doing all my rooting and hackery no problem right?
  8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Yeah, no problem anymore since Koush released the newest update a few days back. If you run into any issues with the "black screen with white bars down the side" crap, just open Rom Manager and reflash recovery (top option in the list) and you'll be sure to have the new version that supports all Incredibles including SLCD's.
  9. gonzoguy24

Beautiful.