• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-OFF, root, & Fix Everything All-in-One!

Alright. Ill give flashing that a try too. Thanks for all the help!

Also, That firmware update, Do I just rename that whole zip to the PG86IMG.zip or the individual zips that are inside there to that and flash those?
No problem. You can rename it to PG86IMG.zip and put it on the root of your SD Card and flash from fastboot that way, or you can flash from fastboot manually (like you did in the guide). Either way will work, but I personally prefer to flash manually via fastboot as it reduces the likelihood of being locked out of the bootloader (fixable, but somewhat of a pain).

There shouldn't be any .zip files inside the zip I linked, just a bunch of .img files and a .txt file

Upvote 0
Try flashing those files first & see if your issue is fixed.

Do you know what kernel Mobsters is using?

Under kernel version it says this:

3.0.16-g4211684
htc-kernel@u18000-build-144 #1
SMP PREEMPT

Edit: My mistake.. They are .imgs inside the zip. I use peazip and they all have the same icon... Thought they were zips too :p

Upvote 0
Having issues trying to flash the zip through command prompt..

C:\Users\RJ\Desktop\HTC Cell Phone Stuff 3-16-13 0627PM\sdk-tools\sdk-tools>fastboot flash zip pg86img.zip
sending 'zip' (8516 KB)... OKAY [ 1.989s]
writing 'zip'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 1.992s

Edit: Nevermind. Forgot to run fastboot oem rebootRUU.

Edit2: It took the radio update. Now show .0108.

Upvote 0
I've been trying to get the buttered toast kernel to flash on my ROM but I keep getting a bootloop. If you can get it to flash on your phone, it may fix your WiFi issue. My ROM uses Buttered Toast, but it's probably modified a bit to work with the ROM.

I was using buttered toast with MobsterROM before the s-off. Ill try reflashing it and see if it cures things. It might actually fix it.

Upvote 0
If this thread has helped you out, please "rate" it at the top by selecting the number of stars you think it deserves! This will help other users to find this thread to get similar results.

I rated this excellent because It's very helpful and It deserves to be a sticky!

Reactions: remanifest
Upvote 0
It should be a sticky!

I have added it to the "All Things Root Sticky".

The goal is to reduce clutter and have better organization. If you check the All things root sticky, you will see that it's full of many sticky worthy links. That's where the problem comes in. It sort of defeats the purpose of stickies if the entire first page of a section is filled with stickies.

So we have all things root guides where we host links to all the great rooting guides, roms, themes, etc. etc... This reduces sticky clutter and helps keep things organized. Every root section has an all things root sticky organized in the same fashion.

Upvote 0
I have added it to the "All Things Root Sticky".

The goal is to reduce clutter and have better organization. If you check the All things root sticky, you will see that it's full of many sticky worthy links. That's where the problem comes in. It sort of defeats the purpose of stickies if the entire first page of a section is filled with stickies.

So we have all things root guides where we host links to all the great rooting guides, roms, themes, etc. etc... This reduces sticky clutter and helps keep things organized. Every root section has an all things root sticky organized in the same fashion.

I was looking at some of that stuff recently, And some of it really needs to be more updated, Or taken down. Some of that stuff doesnt apply anymore as there are new updates and ways to do things. But this is just my opinion :p

Upvote 0
I was looking at some of that stuff recently, And some of it really needs to be more updated, Or taken down. Some of that stuff doesnt apply anymore as there are new updates and ways to do things. But this is just my opinion :p

I agree, not everything gets removed. The goal was to have no more than 5 stickies in each section. We have implemented all things root guides which are a big help to keep things organized. But that doesn't mean that the stickies that already existed all got removed.

Android Forums is a HUGE place. We really need member help to keep ATR stickies up to date. If you notice something that needs to be added to the ATR sticky, PM the person who posted the guide or PM a guide that you know is involved in that section. Likewise if you see something that needs removed. We can't catch everything and don't always have time to focus on every detail. I try to focus most on helping members. I don't comb through the stickies a lot, but try to add things when I see them.

In theory, I would like one sticky. The all things root guide. So any new member looking to root can find every guide and all the information in one place. It takes work though to get everything organized.

Let me know specifically anything that you think should be removed and I can look into it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones