• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] s-off

shauny13

Android Expert
May 24, 2010
Beautiful Dorset
Hi everyone, just got my HTC One upgrade couple of weeks ago. Am rooted running a custom rom, but am one of the unlucky ones who cannot s-off yet. (get the whelps this sucks message with rainwater). Just wanted to ask the best place to keep an eye out for any updates of when/if this will be possible for my device. Cid 001 vodafone uk 1.56hboot 4.42 kit kat.:thinking:

I have the exact same device as you, and the same problem, any chance of you doing a nandroid backup in TWRP recovery please, there's a lot of people over at XDA looking for your software.

We are all patiently waiting over there for a new s-off utility to break through the new exploit that HTC has put in place.

I only have nandroids of custom roms as that's all i use. I don't have a stock nandroid sorry. What threads you following over at XDA as i'm always looking there too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones