S-on but not fully unrooted... Need some help guys

1. Robtheknob7

Robtheknob7 Well-Known Member

Hey sorry if this topic has already been talked about... But I AM S-ON for sure. But yet I still have the superuser permission and I can still use all my rooted apps. I want to be FULLY unrooted with no trace of being rooted. I went step by step on the unroot guide but I must have done something wrong. Any suggestions??

Also when I try to do STEP 10: RECOVERY MODE
    Hold down VOL DOWN + POWER until device boots into a White Screen.
    Move to RECOVERY by using the VOL DOWN toggle and select by using POWER button.

The Device will check for the PC36IMG.zip and then ask you YES/NO to apply the newly introduced update. Press VOL UP = YES or VOL DOWN = NO.
    Once Completed, press VOL UP to reboot.

It pops up as PC36IMG.zip.zip when I go to flash it but yet in the folder it just says .zip once

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

yeah windows hides the extensions so just name it PC36IMG (with no ".zip" attached). try that and you and you should be good to go.
  3. Robtheknob7

ok Ill try it. thanks
  4. Robtheknob7

5. ocnbrze

what is your hboot?
  6. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

It sounds like you're trying to flash the PC36IMG.zip file from recovery. You need to flash it from hboot. When you turn the phone on while pressing and holding volume down, it takes you to that white screen. That is hboot. The first thing it does is scan for PC36IMG.zip files, then prompts you to flash one if it finds it. If it doesn't find it, it goes straight to the menu. So, what happens when you go to hboot? Stay out of recovery for now. You don't need it anymore.
  7. Robtheknob7

Its hboot 2.10... and when I go into hboot nothing happens. It says no images found a couple times then it gives me the options of fastboot, recovery, clear storage, simlock, hboot usb. It doesnt prompt me for anything guys
  8. ocnbrze

did you name the PC36IMG.zip file correctly? it needs to be PC36IMG exactly (do not add the ".zip" because windows hides extensions). also are you placing it on the root of the sd card (not in any folder, just the top level)?
  9. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

In addition to what ocnbrze asked, are you using the stock sdcard or are you using a different one?
  10. Robtheknob7

It is named correctly. And im using the stock sd card... But I made a ROOT folder and added that file to it. Im guessing thats my problem?
  11. ocnbrze

Yep, it can not be in any folders. Just the "root" of the sd card meaning the top level, no folders.
  12. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

Yes, it needs to be on the card but not in a folder.
  13. Robtheknob7

ok thanks a lot guys worked great. S-ON and no superuser permission or access to rooted apps