S pen messing up?General

1. My S pen on my phone the dot is off underneath it when you hold the s pen near the screen also it sometimes seems to twitch on the screen I took it into the Verizon store and compared the s pen they had did the same thing but yet on the phones in the store the s pens were very accurate even using mine on one of there's what's wrong? Do I have a setting wrong or am I having a hardware issue?

Advertisement
    :
  2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

If the S Pen worked fine on other phones, you ruled out the S Pen.

Next thing would be case. Do you use a case that has a magnetic clasp? Magnets do interfere with the S Pen and cause odd issues.

If you don't have a case and the Note 3 is naked, then it is most likely a hardware issue. Probably a bad digitizer.
  3. Well its more inaccurate at times than others and it twitches usually when I hover over an area where the s pen dot turns blue and say I can preview pictures
  4. It didn't do it on the phones in the store that's what I'm not understanding how can the digitizer go bad?
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Drops are the number one culprit when a digitizer goes bad. Wires can be loosened by a drop.
  6. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for electronics one will stumble into a lemon on the odd and rare occasion. It could have already been a bad or faulty unit from the start and not at first noticeable. The hardware that picks up and charges the pen could be faulty.

Some people don't even see hardware failure until a major firmware update that exposes the flaw. It's hard to say when something like this happens.

To rule out a software glitch or driver issue is to do a hard reset back to factory defaults. A hard reset would usually fix bugs and little things related to software. But if issue is still persistent, then one can only assume that it's a hardware issue of some type.
  7. Could screen protectors effect the s pen when it's not touching the screen it's accurate when it's touching the screen but when holding it away it will twitch sometimes