s pen problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. terry203

terry203 Member

hi iv only had the note for a few days and im loving it but iv just discovered the s pen isnt working correctly if i go to the test screen (*#0*#) it only makes a mark on 1 or 2 of the squares, would a new s pen be the solution
    cheers :)

Advertisement
  2. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

I suppose it's possible to have a faulty s-pen. I just tried your test and my s-pen works perfectly. I take it you're having issues during normal operation of the s-pen?
  3. terry203

terry203 Member

this is what my test does

Attached Files:

4. Howard Hopkinson

If I were you, I'd pop into a phone shop and test out another s-pen on your device. This would undoubtedly prove whether your s-pen is the culprit.
  5. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

6. terry203

terry203 Member

cheers im gonna try the calibration first ill get bk and report if its worked :)
  7. terry203

terry203 Member

mines a galaxy note 1 and i cant find any screws to adjust ? :(

Attached Files:

8. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Well that's odd. Just checked my Note 1 and there is a tiny screw. I've annotated your image as to where it should be. It is an official Samsung S-Pen?

Attached Files:

9. terry203

terry203 Member

iv just been to my local phone shop and tried my s-pen on the note 2 and it works ? as far as i no its a genuine samsung s-pen but to make sure iv ordered another new one to try
  10. Howard Hopkinson

Did you not try a new s-pen on your phone as I suggested while at the phone shop?

Do you have a screen protector on your screen? If so, these can cause problems with the s-pen.
  11. terry203

terry203 Member

the phone shop had removed the s pen from the displayed note so couldnt try it on mine i had a screen protector on but took it off to try

no my s pen is working more the harder i push it on the screen ? :confused:
  12. terry203

terry203 Member

thanks for that pal im gonna wait till the one off ebay arrives and see if it is the pen
    i might nip to warrington tomorrow theres a samsung service center there and show them that my s pen hasnt got the screws to adjust it
  13. terry203

terry203 Member

yay my new s-pen has arrived and all works as it should
    thanks guys for the comments :)
    Howard Hopkinson likes this.
  14. Howard Hopkinson

Glad you got it sorted mate and thanks for letting us know.