• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S voice and google voice interruptions

AlphaPleb

Lurker
Apr 20, 2015
I am having a problem where the voice command apps keep interrupting whatever I'm doing on my phone. It typically happens when I'm listening to music, and a lot while driving. The apps will pause or play the song and sometimes ramp up or down the volume. I've searched the internet already and tried a bunch of things but none have worked so far. I've tried turning off s voice, but then google voice command pops up instead. Then if I turn off the google apps the problem still occurs but without the voice command prompt, and most of the other google apps that I actually use don't work right then. I've also turned off gesture controls. So the first solution I found online was to clean the connector port. The second was to factory reset the phone. I've tried both and neither worked. If someone could let me know how to fix it that would be great. My phone is used heavily as an mp3 player, especially when driving so its quite infuriating and distracting when the problems occur, and they are very frequent.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones