S2 bugGeneral

1. Dtmversion1

Dtmversion1 New Member

Im having a few buggy issues with my s2 (NONE ROOTED) when the phone is not plugged into to anything quite often it beeps to say the MTP is initialized and says usb connected

Also if i turn phone off and on again it thinks the battery IS flat and wont start up unitl its plugged into the charger then it kicks back into life again even if battery is 50% 100% etc

Has anybody come across this before and/or is there a fix for this?

thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Sounds like a problem with your USB port. Try cleaning it with a toothbrush gently.

Cheers
  3. Dtmversion1

Dtmversion1 New Member

Ill give it a go, thanks for advice :)
  4. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Well-Known Member

5. Dtmversion1

Dtmversion1 New Member

Still no joy, rang orange who did the whole 'take sim card and battery out then put back in' thing and still doing it. also blew the usb port with an air hose to clean out the mini usb port and stopped charging via usb computer to see if that helped but still going nuts thinking its plugged in.
  6. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Have you tried a factory reset? Try that first, and if doesn't work....
    Then send it back to the store. Some have mentioned that changing the USB solve it for them, but if you can't do it on your own, get the retailer/service guy to do it.

Its probably a defective USB port.

Cheers
  7. Dtmversion1

Dtmversion1 New Member

After reading the xda thread i bent the usb port down inside the phone with a thin screw driver a little bit incase it was bent and touch wood everything seems ok so far and battery has stopped draining for the moment. if it happens again ill get it changed under warranty.