• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S2 Data Network Problems

Guys I am having problem in my S2 data network. There are two problems:

1. When im at home i use WiFi and when I leave home I use Data Network. But the problem is that even though when I press the power button the right side, it says data network mode activated but I cant view any website or use Whatsapp or Viber or anything at all. And then randomly I get access to Internet and then randomly I am unaccessible. Note that all the time my phone says Data Network Mode Activated.

2. Often when I switch to Data Network Mode from WiFi, my phone goes into flight mode automatically. I do not do anything. It happens quite a lot and just by itself. At first I thought maybe it is a hardware problem but then I realised it only goes into flight mode when Data Network Mode is being used and not for WiFi.

I have the proper APN settings by my service provider and Im using ICS. I havent rooted my phone ever.

Do I need to format my phone? If so please tell me how. Or please provide solutions.

Do you have any power savings app installed or power saving settings to close network data when idle? They sometimes try to control network state and can cause problems if you don't know what you are doing.

My suggestion is to check for any power savings option applied, and if that doesn't work, reboot the phone. Last option is to do a factory reset.

Cheers

Reactions: md14
Upvote 0
Thanks for replying Russell. Yesbi did have juice defender and I uninstalled 2 days ago. And finally the flight mode problem is gone. But the problem is still there with the data connection getting to work. The connecting problem has reduced though but not gone entirely.

And now that Juice defender is gone, my battery issues have come up again. Should i not use a battery saving app?

Upvote 0
Not sure why its still a problem. I don't really use battery saving apps as I find it can be a hassle and can sometimes be the cause of battery drain. If you want to use any power saving app, stick to the one that comes with the phone.

Or else, do your own settings. For example choose your own screen brightness instead of having it on auto, on/off data connection only when you need it, keep widgets on homescreen to minimal required, check if you have any rogue apps that keeps phone awake (can use BetterBatteryStats), keep gps/wifi off when you don't need it.... etc.

If you can, just set up toggles on your home screens so its easier to do all this with a single touch.

Cheers

Reactions: md14
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones