1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

S2 email inbox sizeGeneral

1. Tosbin

Tosbin New Member

Hi All,

First post.

I recently lost my S2 in France and the replacement has slightly tweaked software (4G-ready, according to my network).

Most of the changes are fine, but for some reason my email inbox now will only show a maximum of 25 emails at any one time (at the smallest text size, with no lines of the message showing etc). As I typically receive around a 1000 work emails a day, this means I'm having to check the handset far more often than I'd like. My previous S2 used to show about a days' worth before deleting.

Can anyone advise how I can enlarge the inbox please? I've checked all the email settings (and also consulted a tech at my network) but am none the wiser :-s

Cheers,
    TBM

Advertisement
    :
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Tosbin! :)

Just to clarify a few points, and help members to advise you, could you post the following:-

Model number (Settings > About phone > Model number)

Android version (Settings > About phone > Android version)

Version ( Dial pad, input... *#1234# and give the 4 lines of information shown)
    Tosbin likes this.
  3. Tosbin

Tosbin New Member

Thanks for the reply, Ironass :)

Model No: GT-I9100

Android version: 4.0.3

*#1234*:
    PDA: I9100BVLPD
    PHONE: I9100BVLPB
    CSC: I9100ORALPC
    Buildinfo: Sat May 12 10:37:16 KST 2012

Cheers,
    Tosbin
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

I'm afraid your network is mistaken about 4G or LTE. The GT-i9100/G/M/P/T do not possess the hardware, let alone the software, for LTE or 4G.

You are on Orange, I see, and running the older, Android 4.0.3, LPD firmware. The latest firmware for your phone is Android 4.0.4, LPH.

Unfortunately, I do not know if this update will fix your email problem.
  5. Tosbin

Tosbin New Member

Thanks again, Ironass.

I have repeatedly tried to install the latest firmware via Kies but have been unsuccessful. Kies either endlessly cycles from one 'Prepare for firmware upgrade' window to another, or produces an error window (Insufficient disk's [sic] free space (requires at least 3000MB)). The latter cannot be correct as I have significantly more disk space available :confused:

Also discovered another annoying bug. Any saved emails that I want to delete have to be deleted twice.

Any tips would be much appreciated as, frankly, this is beginning to do my head in!

Tosbin
  6. EWyatt

EWyatt Member

Same here, on my Galaxy S5 with latest Kit Kat. My stock email app shows only a small proportion of my total inbox messages (Hotmail). I can find no way to show ALL my messages and folders that are on my server. Help?