s2 had a quick bathGeneral

Last Updated:

1. elparrasito

elparrasito New Member

i have a galaxy s2 and dropped it in the bath as it was running. i got the phone out as quick as possible, literally seconds in the water. i took the battery and sim out dried them and dried the phone as best i could, i had a hair dryer on the coolest setting (cold) to help with the drying. i the put the phone in a tub of rice to try and draw as much moisture out as possible (24hrs) the phone still works perfectly apart from the volume button on the side of the phone, it wont go up, it'll turn down but not up. the home button works but is a little bit hit and miss, i some times have to press it 3-4 times before it will work. has anybody got any suggestions that will get my buttons working properly agan. i will appriciate any advice. thank you :)

2. led hed

led hed Active Member

put it back in the rice for a few days. i understand it takes a few days, not hours.
  3. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Well-Known Member

24 hours is not enough in the bag of rice 2 - 4 weeks is needed to draw out any moisture, i dropped mine in a puddle and after 21 days it worked perfectly again, i used basmati rice if that has any relivence what so ever lmao
  4. elparrasito

elparrasito New Member

thanks mate, i used basmatti too ha ha
  5. elparrasito

elparrasito New Member

cheers mate, i can barely do without my phone for a day never mind a few of them, but if it fixes it suppose its gotta be done..
  6. liquidmonkey

liquidmonkey Well-Known Member

yeah, takes a few days or a week to get rid of ALL moisture.
    it suck to wait but its better than spending the cash for a whole new phone.

good luck!
  7. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

2-4 weeks is being over cautious imo. Usually 3 days is plenty.