S2 Skyrocket Virus Malware or Rogue Launcher App?Support

1. fueldSR

fueldSR New Member

I have been rocking the galaxy skyrocket for a month with no issues (and loving it!!!), I am running stock ATT glory and not rooted...

Today while browsing a google search result, suddenly my phone switched to something that looked like a launcher screen and then suddenly went back to google. I worried some strange malware was loading so I immediately killed my browser and restarted the phone. When it rebooted my lock screen was replaced with some strange launcher app apparently??? ...And worse, whenever I hit the home button I get this strange launcher and I cannot figure out how to remove it. Its a huge pain because now I can't get to my actual home screen unless I hit back a million times.

Does anyone have any idea what has happened?

Advertisement
    :
  2. fueldSR

fueldSR New Member

3. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

EDIT: I found it,
    Look at #8 here: http://www.careace.net/2011/09/23/10-essential-tips-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch-users-should/

As a side note:
    Download lookout mobile security from market and run it. That is where I would start.

Last and worse case is to do a factory reset, but that is a last resort. I would also watch your AT&T bill, there is a lot of malware that will use your text messages to sign you up for "charge per text" type services

Then go through your apps (menu --> settings --> applications --> manage applications) to see if there is one in there. What is weird is without root, an app should not be able to just install itself. Also do you have unknown sources checked?
    jslanger and Mr. Ed like this.