S2 TaskbarSupport

1. jak68

jak68 Well-Known Member

Hi, does anyone know if you can change the default apps in the taskbar (I want to change the default mesaging app) and also how can you stop the default messaging app from running as I want to use Go SMS instead :confused:

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Uncheck, Notifications, in the stock message app settings and enable Notifications in Go SMS.
  3. jak68

jak68 Well-Known Member

Sorry where is the stock message app settings:rolleyes:
  4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Not what the OP asked Ironass. He ask if can change the default. Your suggestion only stops the double notification (if any). I actually don't get double notification even with the Go SMS widget. Replying either in the Go SMS widget or the stock SMS removes notification.

Anyway, what happens is that if a message comes in, it will appear in the notification bar. Tapping that goes to the stock message app. Removing the notification in the stock settings will remove the sms from notification. Could always try. And have the notification in the Go SMS. Might work. Doesn't change default. Just a workaround that you don't use the stock message app.

To go to settings in the stock sms, tap on menu and select settings. Its in there.
  5. WilfMoralee

WilfMoralee Well-Known Member

That should do the trick, but you may also have defaults supplied for sending text from 3rd party app such as contacts or browser, so go to Android settings, application, manage applications, find your stock messaging app and select clear defaults. Then the next time you create a message from 3rd party app it will ask you which SMS app to use, select the tick box and then your choice and it saves it for future use.
  6. jak68

jak68 Well-Known Member

I have done this but there is no message when I send a text through the 3rd party app:confused:
  7. jak68

jak68 Well-Known Member

I think I have got it working now, but does anyone know if it is possible to change which apps are on my taskbar at the bottom of my home page ?
  8. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

I made a little mistake about my advice earlier. I am using go launcher with the widget so it was never meant to replace the stock msg app. There is another app called Go SMS Pro which can replace the stock msg app. That's when you select the 3rd party app as default the next time you reply a msg. I am also using go launcher which allows changing the Dock icon.
  9. Motorhomer

Motorhomer Well-Known Member

Press the 'Applications' icon then press the menu key and select 'Edit". Find the app that you want to put on the taskbar and drag it into place. Press the menu key and then 'Save'.

N.b. This only works if the applications' list is on grid view. For some reason, if it's on list view, the edit option doesn't appear.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you but I'm assuming that what you call the taskbar is the 'permanent' icons at the bottom of the screen, which stay in place even if you switch screens.
    jak68 likes this.