• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S2 Won't turn on

prox10i

Jul 3, 2011
Earlier today I was using my S2 and I was taking a video. when i stopped the video, the phone froze so I held down the power and home button to turn it off. ever since then it won't turn back on. I've tried getting it to recovery mode, tried a soft reset (Take the battery out, hold down the power button the put in battery and turn on). I've also tried a hard reset but this also didn't give me luck. I can't send this phone back because i bought it on Amazon in may 2011. i am running ressurection remix ROM. if anyone can help, I'd be grateful. this is the first problem I've encountered with this phone so i'm new to all this. my battery is also 50% charged
Cheers.

Hey buddy, i hate to be the bringer of bad news. But i had the same thing happen to me (phone wont turn on). In my case it turned out that my phone had sustained water damage and hence wont turn on. It is possible that it is the same with you because in most software problems, you should be able to get into either the download mode or recovery mode. Check whether you can get into download mode (Vol. Down + Home+ Power press and hold ). If you cant, it is best if you take it to the samsung service center.
The good news is, that my phone got repaired in a day and for a small amount and i have never had any problem since then. All the Best.

Upvote 0
There is nothing wrong physically with my device. When I insert the battery nothing happens but when I hold down the power button still nothing happens with the screen but next to the camera inside the phone it gets hot. Not too hot but the normal temperature the phone will be at while functioning probably. I don't think there's anything wrong with the screen otherwise I'll hear sounds when the phone turns on and the phones not completely dead otherwise the phone wouldn't get warm.

Upvote 0
^ As I already said, it seems a blown up power / charging IC. So the jigs wouldn't work on a dead phone.

I suspect this is a power management chip failure (AKA hardware problem), and I have one such phone with me which is a SGH-i777 which died the same way. This power IC is located near the LED flash on the back side.

You probably need a professional repair or the main board replacement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones