S3 AMOLED vs. Atrix HD LCD "color blast"General

Last Updated:

1. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 9, 2010
    I'd like to know if the Atrix HD screen is better than the S3.
    I'd don't really care about pentile at all. The S3 screen is truly impressive to me. I love the color and resolution.
    However, currently have a droid X with an LCD. It is very bright and has served me well except it is not very black at night for a alarm clock at my bed side. Earlier, I purchased the S3 and liked a lot about it, but the screen, although beautiful, was just too dim for me. I parked it on my dash every single day for streaming music and GPS. I just didn't work in the light.
    I'd like to know how the HD "screen" compares to the S3 "screen".
    1) Brightness.
    2) How black is black on the HD?

I cannot find a screen shot of both side by side, you tube or internet. Even if I did, they would probably be different screen pictures.

2. Bracchus

Bracchus Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I did an extensive side by side comparison when choosing and I can tell you that the HD screen was more impressive to me. The colors seemed more vibrant on the HD and the screen just had more "pop". I will say that the blacks on the S3 are blacker but the whites on the HD are whiter - if that makes any sense.

All in all - both displays are impressive.

P.S. - I think there is a color comparison on YouTube that you could look up. I don't have the line but I think I found it under "Atrix HD vs S3" or something like that.