• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

s3 and adverts?

I have a s3 and theres always adds popping up. I downloaded the air push app to see what was causing the adds and it was the flash player below 4 I downloaded. What flash player do I download?

hmmmmmmm that is weird, i never heard that flash is a culprit for ads like that....i have flash on my tablet and do not have any issues with popup ads.

Upvote 0
Would it be that the flashplayer I downloadrd was a 4. 0 version I dont think it was supported as there is a new one 11.1 or something li

Do a google search for "Adobe Flash archived versions" and then click the 1st or 2nd web link in the search results. When you get to the Adobe Flash website you will have to scroll to the middle of the page until you reach a section which says "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives".

Adobe is the name of the company who make Flash playable content on your phone and online. They do not make any new versions available in the Google Play store. I'm not sure where you got your version from but the official Adobe Flash player which you can get by following the steps above does not have any push adverts.

Illegal downloads will never get to reach the top of the Google search list so I suggest you Google for applications like this first before going and installing from unverified sources.

Authentication and research -

A Google search for "Flash player" or "who makes flash player?" will give you multiple references from multiple sources to the company name Adobe, which should verify their status as the company who make Flash player. You can also Google search for "does Adobe Flash player have push ads?" or "does Adobe Flash player have advertisements?" to which there will either be no complete results or only results to question and answer websites where people are asking the same thing and being told no repeatedly on each website.

This should verify that if you are getting push ads, that you indeed did install it from a wrong and unverified source, which may be damaging your phone and/or stealing your data.

I suggest you uninstall the application you have which advertises itself as Adobe Flash player and use the procedure above for finding the correct version.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones