1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

S3 and Sony DRC-BTN40 Bluetooth AudioTips

1. softgui

softgui Member

Hi,
    Anyone have experiences with these two devices (the Galaxy S3 and the Sony DRC-BTN40 blutooth audio player)

I'm in Japan at present and just brought a Sony DRC-BTN40 unit for my S3.

It all kinda works ok but the buttons on the Sony unit behave oddly eg. the volume up/down button on the Sony unit S3 makes my my music player skip a song forward / backward, and the telephone button on the Sony unit brings up the audio announcements of missed reminders.

Lastly,although the volume on the S3 is up to it's max. the loudest I can get the Sony bluetooth unit to play at is not overly loud at (in fact about 1/2 the volume the S3 puts out directly)

Is there a way to re-program these behaviours or has anyone got fixes / work arounds ?

Thanks in advance.

- Simon :)

Advertisement
  2. softgui

softgui Member

FWIW . . . it appears the Sony Bluetooth Audio device has been on the market for about 1 month. Having bought it in Tokyo, all the instructions are in Japanese and in printed form (so copy/paste into translators is not an option :( )

Anyway, I found the Tested Devices and Smart Phone List on the Sony Support Japanese site.

The S3 passes all tests and is marked as fully compatible.

This doesn't explain the odd button press behaviours it makes my S3 do.

If I find anything else, I'll post here.
  3. softgui

softgui Member

Having played with the Sony DRC-BTN40 Bluetooth Audio Receiver a bit more I can it works just fine.

Not having the aid of an english section to the item when I brought it (but it was in Tokyo, so I can accept it's only in Japanese) made the discovery of it's features a bit of a hit and miss affair.

It works great. I brought some new Beats by dr. dre too :)

Here's a link to the two items I brought for my S3

1. Sony DRC-BTN40 Bluetooth Audio Receiver
    2. urbeats

- Simon :p