• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 - Android 4.0.4 - Email Problems (Exchange Account)

Guys ,

i have just upgraded from my S2 to a S3 and have found that the exchange problem that i had with my S2 is still happening on my S3 .

Basically i cant see any sub folder under the inbox , and so i cant see any emails other than those in the inbox .

The sub folders disappeared after upgrading on the S2
I was hopeing that with the newer S3 this problem would have been fixed .

if anybody could suggest a fix would be most grateful .

Thanks

Upvote 0
I've been struggling with issue of the stock email app cutting off emails after four lines when connected as a client to Exchange Server 2010 since I purchased it about two months ago. I've tried the font and background color changing idea but it didn't work. I deleted and reinstalled the client at least twice (even after the OTA update) and also didn't work. I tried closing Outlook in my office as someone suggested but that didn't work either. I researched the issue just about every week to no avail (including constantly watching John Tankard's blog), and clearly others have the same problem but today might be our lucky day. In his Phandroid blog post last month, Mirix indicated that Jelly Bean has power setting options regarding background colors; the same power setting is also available in ICS which I have (we're all waiting for Jelly Bean on the S3, right?). Just changing the background color switch to OFF doesn't work in itself, but here's the crazy part - I took the "turn off background color" setting idea to the next step, and just turned off power saving completely (just slide the ON to OFF) under settings. I then opened email to check if it worked and to my surprise, it all of a sudden started to resyc all of my emails with the server! Why that is I have no idea but clearly the global ON/OFF power setting is connected to email in some way - not just through the background color switch. In any event, once all the emails resynced with Exchange 2010 after a few minutes, emails that were previously cutting out after four lines were now available, and all shown in all of their proper formatting as I would see in Outlook! I'll keep an eye on this over the next day or two to make certain it works, but so far so good. I will post this on John Tankard's blog as well. Dave.

Upvote 0
I've been struggling with issue of the stock email app cutting off emails after four lines when connected as a client to Exchange Server 2010 since I purchased it about two months ago. I've tried the font and background color changing idea but it didn't work. I deleted and reinstalled the client at least twice (even after the OTA update) and also didn't work. I tried closing Outlook in my office as someone suggested but that didn't work either. I researched the issue just about every week to no avail (including constantly watching John Tankard's blog), and clearly others have the same problem but today might be our lucky day. In his Phandroid blog post last month, Mirix indicated that Jelly Bean has power setting options regarding background colors; the same power setting is also available in ICS which I have (we're all waiting for Jelly Bean on the S3, right?). Just changing the background color switch to OFF doesn't work in itself, but here's the crazy part - I took the "turn off background color" setting idea to the next step, and just turned off power saving completely (just slide the ON to OFF) under settings. I then opened email to check if it worked and to my surprise, it all of a sudden started to resyc all of my emails with the server! Why that is I have no idea but clearly the global ON/OFF power setting is connected to email in some way - not just through the background color switch. In any event, once all the emails resynced with Exchange 2010 after a few minutes, emails that were previously cutting out after four lines were now available, and all shown in all of their proper formatting as I would see in Outlook! I'll keep an eye on this over the next day or two to make certain it works, but so far so good. I will post this on John Tankard's blog as well. Dave.
What version or model number of S3 do you have just curious?

Upvote 0
On a Samsung galaxy nexus, unlocked, Updated to 4.1.2 two nights ago and haven't been able to access my email exchange account since, keeps giving server not found message. Checked the settings with our IP guy and they seem okay. Other applications that had problems seem to work much better though. If we can get the exchange email working, we will be golden.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones