• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 battery problem or firmware problem?

Maybe the phone just isnt letting you use high power apps like the camera because it "thinks" the battery is about to die.
The fact that its been at 1% for 3hr makes me think its definately the battery stats (calibration) thats off so youre gona have to either find a way to wipe those stats or wait until the phone eventually "learns" your battery again (meaning a lot of charge?discharge cycles) :thumbup:

yeap i guess so ahah i just put it on charge and within 3 minutes it was at 56% this is driving me crazy lol

Upvote 0
I would man but i cant remember what carrier version youre on. I can only help with the international i9300 version but other people will be glad to help u in one of the All Things Root forums at the top of this page :thumbup:
I dont want you to root unless you really have to though so im hoping someone has a way to reset your battery stats without it(?)

Upvote 0
I would man but i cant remember what carrier version youre on. I can only help with the international i9300 version but other people will be glad to help u in one of the All Things Root forums at the top of this page :thumbup:
I dont want you to root unless you really have to though so im hoping someone has a way to reset your battery stats without it(?)

yeah its kind of a last resort im hoping somebody has a way to reset the stats without the root :mad::thinking:

Upvote 0
The only time ive wiped the stats is after flashing a custom rom so i was obviously rooted but ive read a few posts from s3 users having problems with the battery monitor doing exactly what u describe.
Did anything trigger it? An update or anything?
Im gona ask on G+ how to wipe the stats without root...

it just randomly started happening but i thought it was because of the JB 4.1.2 update but someone above said the factory hard reset would have fixed the problem which did not happen. Thanks!:D

Upvote 0
I dont know if factory reset wipes jhe partition with the batt stats in it(?)
As Rxpert says, maybe it is the battery but i dont understand why the phone would think its at 1% for 3hours :thinking: to me that seems like its the phone thats wrong
P.s, instead of being wiped every time the phone is charged, dont the long-term battery stats log last until its wiped and get modified by each charge cycle? I read something about it yesterday i think :beer:

Upvote 0
I dont know if factory reset wipes jhe partition with the batt stats in it(?)
As Rxpert says, maybe it is the battery but i dont understand why the phone would think its at 1% for 3hours :thinking: to me that seems like its the phone thats wrong
P.s, instead of being wiped every time the phone is charged, dont the long-term battery stats log last until its wiped and get modified by each charge cycle? I read something about it yesterday i think :beer:

i dont know that much about it for sure but its not the battery because i have 2 of them and they both do that and its also not the phone because when i take out the battery and put it in my friends s3 it shows the right percentage! this is really weird!:thinking:

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
No problem man.
Read the guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671969 about using Odin on a pc and you can find the firmware on sammobile.com but make sure its the right firmware for your model and carrier.
Even if it doesnt fix the problem, its a good thing to learn. Odin is the program a repair center or carrier would use to reflash a phone and its what youl use if you ever decide to root. You wont lose any data or anything, its just like getting an update :thumbup:

Upvote 0
No problem man.
Read the guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671969 about using Odin on a pc and you can find the firmware on sammobile.com but make sure its the right firmware for your model and carrier.
Even if it doesnt fix the problem, its a good thing to learn. Odin is the program a repair center or carrier would use to reflash a phone and its what youl use if you ever decide to root. You wont lose any data or anything, its just like getting an update :thumbup:

thanks ill try this and get back to you!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
silly question: does the battery get really hot, and is it still flat on all sides? if there's a bulge or it's getting really hot, I'd get a new battery.

nope it doesnt get hot at all it looks fine i charged it all night and when i unlocked the phone it froze but the indicator was at 100% so then the phone just restarted itself and the battery dropped to 54%...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones