1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

S3 calls automatically answered?Support

1. mbj217

mbj217 Member

I am relatively new to the S3 coming from an Iphone 4s. My only complaint is I can't screen calls. My phone automatically answers all calls. Anyone know how to stop this?

Advertisement
  2. mbj217

mbj217 Member

no one?
  3. EpicMindWarp

EpicMindWarp Well-Known Member

You may first want to turn off voice commands for apps so it dons't answer calls that way and turn off accessibly options for auto-call answering.

There's no reason why the phone should be auto-answering calls. Failing all that, a factory reset and failing that you need to return the handset as faulty.
  4. tetz

tetz Member

Mine, for the past few days, has been auto answering calls also. It answers after 2 rings and is on speaker phone.

I will research the problem more. I did a root a few weeks ago, but everything was working fine, until now. Restoring everything from my titanium back up and will report if that fixed it. THen a factory restore. Not sure if I will lose my root when I factory restore.
  5. Munoz303

Munoz303 Member

Mine was doing the same thing. Answers all calls after 2 rings, straight to speaker phone. After some research, this is what I found.

Go to the green "phone" button. then bottom left "menu" . then "call settings." then "accessory settings for call." Then put a green check mark next to the "automatic answering"
    Jenkins171 and hogsniper like this.
  6. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Well-Known Member

Is something in options i think i got to check
  7. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

OK ... but ... mine then says "... only operates with a connected headset". So, in those cases where there is no headset connected, or the phone is NOT paired using BT, the phone should NOT autoanswer -- even if this is checked.

Right?
  8. Munoz303

Munoz303 Member

nope, i did the exact method that i laid out in my previous comments, and it fixed the problem. I think its just weird wording. Check that box, and i bet if fixes it for you. Let me know
  9. hogsniper

hogsniper New Member

My phone auto-answering was driving me crazy. I thought it was the bluetooth car kit (second one now). Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge. I go to my phone store and when they can't find the answer, they always suggest a reset and I have too much time invested in setting up my phone how I want it. Thanks again!!
  10. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

Is Driving mode turned on?