• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 Charging problem

This thread may have been discussed many times before, but i think my problem is kind of uncommon.
i have samsung S3 for 5 months now and it has been charging well and no problem, yet a couple of days ago, i noticed that it charges slower than usual.
the thing is that i downloaded Galaxy current charging app to notice how much current delivered to the phone while charging, and i noticed that :
with the original charger and original cable, i get a range from 100 to 1000mA every one plug in, i mean it differs every one plug, and if it gets 1000, it drops to a smaller number after few minutes.
so i tried different chargers with different usb cables (i tried many combinations of chargers with usb cables) and the same thing occurs, it may get 1000mA at first and then drops to 700 or 300 or something, but not 1000 , and it sometimes read 300 or 200 at the moment of plugging in ( it starts charging with a very low current value). so the readings are random everytime, but it doesn't keep on 1000mA at every try with different chargers and different cables.
I also tried to take the battery out for one hour to let it reset or something, and put it on again and tried to charge, but the same random thing happens again.
so i'm out of tricks now, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)

That has happened to me to. I have tried with multiple usb cables. Nothing worked. One day i didn't have my charger with me and i borrowed one from a friend. The phone charged quickly and normally. So the problem in my case wasn't in the USB. It was in the adaptor. The thing you plug in to an outlet and then connect your USB cable on. Try buying a new adaptor.

Upvote 0
I think I have the same problem and I noticed this right away. I changed adapters and fixed the problem.

Using the original adapter and cable that came with the phone, sometimes it would take much longer than normal to charge the phone. Sometimes even after four hours of being plugged in it was still not completely charged.

All I did was use the same USB cable, and my old Galaxy S2's 1A adapter, and now it charges much faster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones