s3 features on Nexus 4?

1. tradermgp

tradermgp Member

Hey guys, I'm kind of a newb with this stuff so sorry if my questions don't make sense.

I've been looking at getting a new phone and am between the S3 and the Nexus 4.
    I want to buy the new Nexus 4 phone (because of how cheap it is). But I want to have all the cool features that the S3 shows in their commercials. By this I mean features like:
    Pop up play
    Smart stay
    Speak to turn alarm off/ snooze
    Create your own vibration pattern for alerts
    Turn over to turn off sound
    Swipe to take a screen shot
    Pick it up and it vibrates if you have any alerts
    Put it to your ear and it will call whoever you are texting
    Take pictures while shooting a video
    Take a burst of photos
    Speak to take a picture (shoot, cheese, now)
    S voice

If I buy the Nexus 4 will it have any of these features? If not is there a way I can get them on the Nexus 4?

Thanks a lot- Mitch

Advertisement
  2. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

The majority of these features are part of Samsung touchwiz so no its unlikely you will get them on the nexus 4.
  3. tradermgp

tradermgp Member

thanks for your reply. is there a way to instal touchwiz on the Nexus 4? Or anyway of getting those features on the Nexus 4?
  4. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

No. I don't know how much you know about android? The nexus line of phones/ tablets can be made by different manufacturers but they all run "pure" android which means a version set by Google with no extras added on by manufacturers.
    Touchwiz is Samsung's version of android and all the bits you want are only on Samsung phones and will not work on anything else.
    Its up to you to decide what features you want though.
  5. quicklikeninja

quicklikeninja New Member

As an S3 owner, all of those features are really insignificant that are just gimmicks. But the S3 is a truly awesome phone, but I can't comment on the Nexus though.
  6. tradermgp

tradermgp Member

Galaxy Nexus S3 TouchWiz Jelly Bean Addon [MOD] - YouTube

will doing this add those features? I know they are gimmicky. The one I really want is to be able to take pictures while shooting a video and to be able to take a burst of photos. Does anyone know if this will be available on the Nexus 4?

Thanks for all of your replies!
  7. tradermgp

tradermgp Member

or can I just download an app that will allow you to take pictures whilst shooting videos? and take bursts of photos?

Thanks- Mitch
  8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Doing that will not add ALL the features, and will have more bugs than the original SIII. Mainly because the Samsung method is actually editing Android at the OS level.