• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 google account/merge problems

watsupwiya

Aug 31, 2013
Samsung S3, How do I unmerge with a google account in the phone, all my contacts have now aquired a little blue google logo on them and it will no longer sink to windows contacts, each time I sync, which I can now only do to my gmail account, it also replicates some of the contacts, the ones added since I tapped the "merge" button, If I try and do a sync to "Windows Contacts" via Kies non of the contacts are transfered, I can only sync via contacts/accounts/google acc/sync and all the above happens HELP !

Ok, think I've sorted it. Without the phone plugged in I exported to USB, where ever that is, couldn't find that internal storage for love na money, but anyway, then I imported it back to phone contacts and 90% of the contacs in all "contacts display modes" had a small green phone logo attatched alongside the blue google logo, so I opened up kies and synced to windows contacts, Result, it synced, the 10% were, for some reason duplicates, I'll clean them up later, BANG ON !
ps deleted all my contacts from my gmail account !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones