S3 keeps losing connection: "No signal found for mobile networks"Support

1. trentsc

trentsc New Member

I'm having problems with my new S3 on T-Mobile. It keeps losing its mobile signal, but I only find out when I try to send someone a text message or make a call and I get the following error message:

No network Connection
    No signal found for mobile networks

A quick reboot sorts the problem, at which point the SMS I was trying to send gets sent and I receive a wash of incoming messages that have obviously been sitting in a queue somewhere.

I've tried going into Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Operators and I'm offered several providers, including two EE entries. Whichever I select tends to sort the problem, but it recurs later, and this seems to be a daily occurrence.

Any ideas? As the phone was provided by T-Mobile, I'm guessing that it's locked to them/EE...

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. feellikerain

feellikerain New Member

I've just started have this exact same problem this afternoon. I have yet to find a solution. I'd also love to know of any suggestions. Maybe relevant, I just upgraded to JB yesterday.
  3. skeralum

skeralum New Member

Same problem on Galaxy Note II.
  4. Jkk114l

Jkk114l New Member

Likewise, I've just upgraded to an s3 lte on t mobile and am having rubbish reception, not getting any orange signal and no ee at all, i had much better signal on my old defy. I'm going back into store to try and sort it out . I'll update this post if I have any joy
  5. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Moved this thread into the SGS3 forum (American version) for further discussion.:)
  6. deirdrenoone

deirdrenoone New Member

Did anyone find a solution to this problem. My SS3 started doing the same thing this week and I don't know how to find the american thread for this.
  7. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I had this issue periodically on Bell until early September. I received a software update to my phone at that time. It happened once after the update and then never again. Not sure if it was actually the firmware update or something with the Bell network or perhaps a little bit of both.
  8. piratetk

piratetk New Member

Hey guys i was also having an issue with my sg3 dropping network signal all the time. im using at&t. I resolved my problem by going to:

settings - more options under wireless and networks - mobile network - network mode

I slelected gsm/hspa (autoconnect)

I havent had an issue since ive done this. guess I cant use that "blazing fast lte" connection, but to be honest I dont see much of a difference. id rather my phone work and not miss calls. I hope this helps and good luck :)
  9. NoMoreSymbian

NoMoreSymbian Well-Known Member

Read the below thread on the AT&T support forums and see if it sounds like the LTE issue. This is not just an AT&T or SG3 issue. (You do not have to login to read the thread)

LINK TO THREAD
    funkylogik likes this.
  10. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Love the nickname NoMore ;)