• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 meeting request in wrong timezone

Hi

My wife has a S3 Danish model, that was recently updated to A4.3.
She has her mail in an Exchange mail box in O365.

She uses Outlook and O365 Web App to create meeting requests.
But she also uses her phone when she is away from home.

THe problem is, that if she uses her S3 for creating a meeting request in S-Planner, then they are created in another timezone.
If a meeting arrives in my EXCH mailbox at work it says:
" The organizer created this meeting in the following timezone : ( UTC ) Monrovia, Reykjavik. "

If she sends me meeting invites from Outlok or from WebApp they are fine.
We have checked timezone in general for her phone and also inside S-Planner.
Shortly after she got the 4.3 update, we set the phone back to factory default and set it up from scratch.

If someone knows a solution to this problem I will be very happy to know about it.

Thank you

Tommy

I'm assuming that she's setting a meeting for 10AM at her home timezone, while away at another timezone, where it would be 8AM when the meeting started, and the calendar lists the meeting as starting at 8AM - or something like that. It's actually working correctly. She's saying that the meeting starts at 10AM - where she's currently sitting. If she makes the mental adjustment (what time will it be here when the meeting starts) and sends that start time, it should be correct for everyone. The phone knows what it's doing - she just doesn't understand how the phone "thinks".

Doing it from a desktop is different - the timezone in a desktop is fixed - to the location of the desktop. The timezone of the phone is set to the timezone of the tower it's connected to, and it changes as you move. If you don't make that mental adjustment, you're "out of sync" with the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones