• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root s3 mini keeps restarting after rooting

vinci

Jul 29, 2011
Hello,
I've tried to root my Samsung galaxy s3 mini (GT-I8190) with Odin. I've followed the instructions from this site: http://www.android.gs/root-galaxy-s3-mini-i8190/

After choosing the rooting package that I've downloaded as I was instructed, my phone simply keeps rebooting just a few seconds after having booted. I also tried to install the recovery-clockwork through Odin, but to no avail. I still have the official version of Android installed (can't access the phone to see what version it is exactly, but I don't think it was ever upgraded).
When I press power button + home + volume down, I get to that ODIN MODE image where it says "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!", so there are no options that I can choose from in the phone.

Is there any way I can get out of this and eventually install a custom rom?

The problem was much simpler. I simply pressed volume down instead of volume up to enter the recovery (instead of the downloading odin mode specific to samsung; I've just found out about these two different options), so I could reset to factory defaults and try to install other custom roms. Thanks for your prompt answer :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones