• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 Model:SCH-R530 help?

NicoXIII

Nov 28, 2015
I was recently given an S3 as a "Hand-me-down" since my brother was given something else. We decided to get the S3 turned on in my account, then the employee who was helping us factory reset the phone and it started acting up. The screen does not turn on, 1/3 of the time you plug it in the LED lights up for a second, and vibrates once. Has anyone encountered this problem?

EDIT: Finally fixed it, all that needed to be done was to remove the SIM card. As long as the SIM card was installed, the phone kept trying to read it, and activate from it. Removing the SIM card allowed the phone to go straight to setup.

Last edited:
Odd things happen. A few things you can try.
1. Pull the battery and press and hold the power button a few seconds, replace battery and see if it will boot normally.

2. See if it will boot into recovery. From off press the volume up + home+ power button till blue writing in upper left of screen appears then release power button. If it boots into recovery, use volume button to scroll to factory reset then press power to select.

If battery is charged you should get something on the display when you try these. Hard to believe a factory reset would kill the screen.

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0
Hard to suggest what to try next. If that power button was stuck it would start to boot then turn off. Banging on edge of table near button usually frees it. Could be your button out of alignment with actual internal switch. Lots of take apart guides and videos available if you feel comfortable taking a look inside. Parts pretty cheap too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones