• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] S3 NeatROM

Quick Question sale: Been using your ROM for maybe a month now (top work by the way, love it)

Is there a known issue with the Netflix app? it's never really worked and I've tried the usual methods to try to sort it (Wiped data, uninstalled etc)

It's not a deal breaker, just a minor annoyance as I have a Chromecast which obviously needs the app as a remote)

Cheers bud.

Upvote 0
not tried it mate. i had an exam this morning and i have another one tomorrow :(

Best of luck bro!

Quick Question sale: Been using your ROM for maybe a month now (top work by the way, love it)

Is there a known issue with the Netflix app? it's never really worked and I've tried the usual methods to try to sort it (Wiped data, uninstalled etc)

It's not a deal breaker, just a minor annoyance as I have a Chromecast which obviously needs the app as a remote)

Cheers bud.

I've read something about that.. Are you in ART or Dalvik mate?

It's working for me but on a CM based rom. My wife is on (i think) a slim based rom and has to reinstall it each time she wants to use it. She's running in dalvik :thumbup:

Reactions: _Sale_
Upvote 0
Hiya Sale

Any idea when you'll have a TW version of 4.4.2?

The ones I've seen aren't that stable and I'd rather stay with your Neatrom Lite as they run very were

Only real chance of this is if Samsung release a stock kitkat Rom, they have said this isn't possible etc but have kind of been proven wrong by the unofficial Rom released....this is possibly still full of bugs :-( if it becomes stable and fully usable, I'm sure sasa will release his version based on it, until then though aosp based will have to do!

Upvote 0
Personally I'm using an s4 which has gpe Rom so is nice and stable, Mrs has the s3 but she prefers the look of touchwiz.I find the aosp style better due to the extra display tweaks available especially using gravity box, if using a cm Rom then there is the new and much better theme engine which allows so many display tweaks.

But, it is each to their own and is why the Mrs prefers touchwiz.:)

Upvote 0
Reactions: graham35 and _Sale_
Upvote 0
I find asop far to dull looking. I'm just used to the whole look of TW. Seems pointless updating like you said though as there's too many bugs on the ones out there

No offence but that's wrong. You can make an aosp rom look however you like and the kitkat aosp roms now are more stable than TW :thumbup:

Upvote 0
No offence but that's wrong. You can make an aosp rom look however you like and the kitkat aosp roms now are more stable than TW :thumbup:

No offence taken :) I'm a complete noob compared to you funky so wouldn't have the first clue what to do. I just prefer to flash and not to have flash kernels etc (which I also have no idea about lol

Upvote 0
You don't have to flash any kernels with aosp.

You can even theme it with touchwiz theme if you wish! You may/will lose some of the features from touchwiz but it depends on your own use. There is a little more work involved with neat Rom aosp to get a theme engine as slimkat doesn't have it as standard but it is still possible to use themes :)

Upvote 0
When people send me a 'business card' I don't receive it, I get a empty sms text (no content text) and no business card, if it is sent via WhatsApp it arrives OK. I'm sure it's only a setting but I don't know which setting.
I'm on asop 6 and gapps 6,but I think business cards have never worked.
Some help would be appreciated.
Cheers.

Upvote 0
Much as I loved my S2 it was no longer viable so I've had to move over to Esthreeland. (Korean S2, display stopped working, blah, blah, long story, won't bore you)

S3 International (4.3): So after a major phaff and fiddle I've got the bugger rooted; now, methinks, I can get back to NeatROM, hoorah!!!

It doesn't want to let me. Tried Lite and ExtraLite, with and without various options eg Philz, both versions, and it just keeps booting back to CWM recovery no matter what I do.

I've restored my nandroid and started over a few times now with the same result. Tried all the bootloop remedies I could find: clear cache, reset permissions etc. but nothing seems to get me out of recovery.

I have to just keep restoring from my backup and starting again.

These things I've noticed:
At the start of the installation, once I've set all the options and set it running, it says
Warning: No file_contexts

Later on after Setting Permissions (I think) it says:
Set_metadata_recursive: Some changes failed

Also, and I don't know if this has any bearing; after the installation has tried to reboot and just booted back to recovery, and I try to remedy by wiping the Dalvik Cache it says:
E: unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
Dalvik cache wiped

Please help me; I want my NeatRom back :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones