• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 soft bricked which firmware to use

Well, personally, I would find the latest firmware version from Sammobile.com
Then, find your carrier version. Are you on Vodafone, EE, Orange, other? I don't think any old carrier version will work--you need your specific carrier firmware.

Hi, i used a btu open firmware and tried with odin 3.07, but got the message NAND write start. Amy ideas how to overcome that. Also, I dont know what carrier the phone is on or if it is open, all I know is that its a gt-i9300

Upvote 0
The usual way, on International devices, to locate your precise firmware details, PA and CSC codes, is to enter, *#1234# into the dial pad. Unfortunately, it would appear that you cannot boot up to do this.

Providing that your model of phone is the International GT-I9300, the stock, unbranded BT, U.K. firmware should work unless you, or someone else, has been messing with the PIT file during flashing.

Try re-downloading the firmware again from SamMobile and flashing it with the latest version of Odin, v3.09.

Reactions: dynomot
Upvote 0
The usual way, on International devices, to locate your precise firmware details, PA and CSC codes, is to enter, *#1234# into the dial pad. Unfortunately, it would appear that you cannot boot up to do this.

Providing that your model of phone is the International GT-I9300, the stock, unbranded BT, U.K. firmware should work unless you, or someone else, has been messing with the PIT file during flashing.

Try re-downloading the firmware again from SamMobile and flashing it with the latest version of Odin, v3.09.

I used odin 3.09 this time wioth the same firmware, I got the same error message
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I9300XXEMG4_I9300OXAEMG4_1314436_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any ideas

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones