S3 Swype Beta not opening keyboardSupport

1. Kelgorus

Kelgorus Active Member

Super annoyed about this as it only showed up last update...
    Basically the keyboard will not open on a regular basis in text messages, chrome, anything about 65% of the time and ihave to keep opening and closing apps to get it to when again.

I am getting So frustrated as I forgot how bad the Samsung keyboard is does anyone know what's going on? My nexus 7 is fine and so is my boyfriend's s2 :(

Advertisement
  2. MetroPOS

MetroPOS Well-Known Member

Are you sure you have Swype Beta set to default keyboard in your input settings? If that doesn't help try resetting dictionary? And if all else fails uninstall and reinstall?
  3. Kelgorus

Kelgorus Active Member

Yup I have it set as default.

I mean the keyboard is not showing up, literally. No keyboard pops up when I click the area that would usually bring up a keyboard.
  4. lebbo44

lebbo44 Member

I am having the exact same problem with my S3 also. It started a few days ago, whenever i tried to open the keyboard to write a message (for example in Whatsapp), it would either take forever for the keyboard to open or I would have to completely close the app or even restart the phone. Since then it has only gotten worse. I am not sure if it's the Swype app or another app that's causing this lag. When I switch to the Samsung keyboard it works fine. Any suggestions please?
  5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Have you recently upgraded to jb? Swype has had loads of problems since. It's slowly getting better with each update though. The first swype I had on jb was guaranteed to crash my phone as soon as I started to Swype anything.
  6. lebbo44

lebbo44 Member

Hi Shotgun, yes I updated the Android to 4.1.1 over 2 weeks ago (is that JB???), yet this swype problem just started happening a few days ago. It seems to work on an off, but progressively has gotten worse. Right now it is working fine, but yesterday whenever I tried to open in to write anything, it either would take forever to open, or else I would give up and restart the phone and use the Samsung keyboard.
  7. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's jellybean. It seems a bit strange there was a delay with the problems though. If you don't mind losing the words you have added to your dictionary it might be worth clearing data and cache for Swype in application manager and see if it helps. If you're not too keen on losing your words just clear cache.
  8. lebbo44

lebbo44 Member

Nope that didn't fix it. It's strange becuase it seems to have gotten even worse today. Its like when I try and open it, it lags for a very long time....so that if I leave it open (without switching to the Samsung keyboard), and then I come back to it after a long time, it is then open and working fine. And it's not just with Whatsapp, but also with SMS text messaging and others. Kelgorus, did you manage to fix your problem? Im guessing my next option is simply to uninstal it and try reinstalling.
  9. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member

I have been having this issue as well. I updated to a newer beta version and it happens less often, but it is still happening. I really don't want to have to go back to the Samsung keyboard (and I didn't like Swift Keys at all).

I hope this gets resolved soon!
  10. trucky

trucky Well-Known Member

I had the exact same problem after every reboot. It would take several minutes before the keyboard would show up and be usable.

What fixed it for me was to go to the Swype Settings, Swype Connect and uncheck the box to Backup & Sync. Reboot and life is good once again.
  11. lebbo44

lebbo44 Member

Seems the new update fixed the problem for me! All good now.
  12. jbnewengland

jbnewengland New Member

Same problem....quick fix. Go to Swype settings, Swype connect and uncheck the backup/sync option. Your keyboard will work fine again. I believe this is due to a recent update that needs to be fixed.