S3 wont turn off, just keeps on restarting? Help !Support

Last Updated:

1. dancav

dancav New Member

Hi all,

I recently bought an S3 second hand. Originally the phone turned off no problem.

Now when I turn off the phone using the button at the side and the on screen 'Power off' command, it just restarts every time. I have also tried holding the power off button down at the side but still the same result?

The only program I have installed recently is Light Flow Lite. I have disabled and uninstalled this and it has made no difference.

Can anyone please help resolve this issue?

2. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

Have you tried pulling the battery yet?
    dancav likes this.
  3. dancav

dancav New Member

Hi, tried that too, that turns it off lol but its still the same when I put the battery back in.

Thought about doing a complete reset using power off + volume up + home key but really dont want to be reinstalling everything!

I wonder if the jelly bean update will make any difference?
  4. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Well-Known Member

Mine does the same, I have it in a tight fitting case and wondered if that was the problem
  5. dancav

dancav New Member

I have a standard factory case, tried it without the case, still the same.

Been to mobile phone shop today and he said it could be a virus or glitch with android?

Can anyone else help??
  6. DomEBoy

DomEBoy New Member

I have exactly same problem on my rooted s3. Tried messing with batteries and case and several phone experts unable to solve.
  7. cv118

cv118 New Member

Mine started doing that about a month ago, I bought it in June and was turning off initially.
  8. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

Something changed in your bootloader code. The problem with LightFlow is that unless you use something like titanium backup to completely erase everything, it stays on your phone. You aren't the first person to have issues with Light Flow.

Unfortunately you aren't rooted and don't have CWM or TWRP installed and no Nandroid backup. Restore is your best option imo.
    dancav likes this.
  9. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

This ^
    I never really turn my phone off anyway but thats no help.
    Sounds like (as above) a factory reset case unless u wana just pull the battery whenever u wana put your pride n joy in a coma.

Ps, holding the power button til it reboots is a soft reset, its normal for it to reboot :thumbup:

Although i like the dev', id only recommend light flow to international users....