• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 won't update to 4.4.2 KitKat

SmirkingWolf

Lurker
Sep 15, 2014
The current version of my phone is 4.3.

It asks me every single day to update to 4.4.2, I click install, it does its normal thing and you see the little android bot with the install bar.

At about a 1/3 of the way into the install bar the little android bot tips over with a red triangle in his chest and says error.

It then boots back up and tells me "Sorry, there was a problem updating your SAMSUNG SCH-1535. No changes were made."

I don't even know what that is.
What is it and is there anyway to check and see if it's rooted?

If you don't know what it is then it probably isn't. It's a modification to the phone that allows administrator access. Once a phone has been rooted generally over the air updates fail. That's why I asked.

Alpha2k's advice to install the update manually with Odin might be your best bet.

Reactions: dmcjr22
Upvote 0
mine does the exact same thing... is there any walk through on installing through ODIN?

Who is your carrier? I can give you a link to the Odin thread with download and tutorial but you must flash your carrier's tar file. If you flash the wrong tar you will not be able to get service.

You should be able to find all the information you need in your carrier's section.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones