S4 and IMacSupport

1. wallstreet123456

wallstreet123456 Well-Known Member

I just recently purchase an IMac and am just learning how to use it.
    When I plug in the S4 to the IMac it gives tow options on the phone, I check transfer files because I want to drag and drop some songs onto the S4 but when I go to the IMac I do not see the phone showing up on it.
    Any Ideas what I am doing wrong?
    It was so simple on the PC before.

Thanks,
    Steven

Advertisement
  2. brasco901

brasco901 Member

You need to download 'Android File Transfer' app onto your iMac!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  3. Canesfan

Canesfan Well-Known Member

The problem is that on my iMac (with latest Mountain Lion OS), Android File Transfer didn't recognize the phone either. When plugged in, the message "no Android device detected" consistently has resulted.

For me transferring files by dragging and dropping them works beautifully with AirDroid, and it's wireless.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  4. ragsy1083

ragsy1083 New Member

Kies comes preloaded on the S4 so all I did was downloaded and installed Kies for Mac and I was able to transfer music, pics, ect.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. Canesfan

Worked as good for me as Android File Transfer. .....NOT. It keeps saying "connect device" when it's connected. Re-boot of Mac and/or phone did not help.

Are you outside of the USA?
  6. n0m0n

n0m0n Well-Known Member

I had the same issues as described above with Android File Transfer.
    And Lies didn't work for me.
    It seemed to start to or at least it said it was downloading files but after about 5 minutes it gave me a transfer error, and nothing had been transfered.

Still looking for a viable solution
  7. Canesfan

Did you try AirDroid? Not successful? It has been the only thing that has worked for me.
  8. n0m0n

n0m0n Well-Known Member

Yes and I got it to move my pictures and iTune library over.
    But I was hoping to move my Alarms, Notification, documents as well so I'm looking for a way to move them...

Any ideas?

Thank you
  9. Canesfan

Right, I used it also for music and picture files. Did you not try transferring the other above mentioned things to another folder or using the other AirDroid option(s)?
  10. n0m0n

n0m0n Well-Known Member

What other options?
    I only saw music and pictures.
    I haven't been able to move some files over.

Please advise maybe I missed something.

Thanks