• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4 charging but no lightning sign

apexiology

Lurker
Aug 18, 2013
Hello guys. I have been using s4 GT-I9500 since its launch and it has been fantastic so far.

I have it rooted and it works perfectly for almost 4months until last week.

Since last week, my phone could not detect when it was charging. When I put on the cable nothing happened (no lightning sign on battery bar above). But if I just leave it at there, the battery will charge until full.

Same thing happened when I put it on the USB to connect to PC. Nothing happened. The PC wont detect it (It has been working perfectly well before). But if I leave it there, the battery will still charge.

Anyone have any idea or have the same problem as me? I have tried restore to factory setting but it doesnt seem to work. I would like to unroot it but since I cant connect it to USB, that opton is not available to me.

Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones