S4 freezes after full chargeSupport

1. WonderFull

WonderFull Active Member

i normally put the phone to charge overnight. I noticed since last few days once it is fully charged and i take it off the charger the charging light continues to remain green and if i press the power button or menu button it takes around 1 minute to wake up. Also today i noticed that if i did not switch on the phone the green indicator light remained green for around 4-5 minutes. Is it normal and if any one else is also facing the same problem. Other than this i don't have any problem with the phone other than already known issues. I've not rooted the phone and all latest updates are applied. I've an i9500.

Advertisement
    :
  2. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Mine (Verizon SCH1545 model) started down this road after the ME7 update, doing it sometimes, then doing it after only a few minutes of full charge during the day. I would describe the condition as a "soft-brick," since it would not respond to any of the buttons, but needed to have a battery pull to get going again. I brought it back and got a new one, which works fine so far. My suggestion is to NOT leave it charging overnight, and see what happens.