• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4 Frozen on Sprint Screen while rooting

bjbilbo82

Lurker
Sep 4, 2014
In an attempt to unlock my hot spot I rooted my phone with no problems using Odin. i did not use a backup or anything like that so once i attempted to modify and restart my phone it completely locked up on me I have tried going back to factory root using odin, I have tried factory resets and still nothing. my final option is to chuck it against the wall and go to sprint for a new one. Can anybody help me please.

once i attempted to modify and restart my phone it completely locked up on me

Let's start with what exactly were you doing. What were you attempting to modify? Were you trying to flash the hotspot mod? What file were you flashing? Where did you get the file? (Are you sure you rooted successfully?) What recovery are you using?
Were you following a written guide? and if so, which guide were you following? (link)

Upvote 0
I was attempting to modify the mobile hot spot. I was following the video instructions of qbking77 on how to root as well as modifying the mobile hotspot. I used odin 3 v0.7 all links were downloaded from his page. I rooted successfully I was able to download apps like the root browser app and several other apps. I never downloaded a backup however. From there I followed the instructions to modify the mobile hotspot. I used the MDL odexed file (which I'm pretty sure was the wrong one.) But as his video states I kept the original service.jar and service.odex and turned them into backups. I transferred the new files into the correct folder. Closed everything and restarted the phone. Now I have a phone that won't go past the yellow sprint load screen. I downloaded the unroot zip file (which literally took all day with slow internet), while waiting I attempted to factory reset sevral times didnt work tried to reroot using different forms of odin 3 v 1.85 didn't work. Once the file downloaded I used it and tried to unroot but everytime I tried (at least 10) it always failed. It sucks because I need my phone for work and right now I have nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones