S4 issue Parrot Car KitSupport

1. eske

eske Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone else is using a Parrot car kit with their S4?

I have a parrot MKi9100 car kit (with latest firmware)

When I pair and connect them for the very first time, both Phone and Media audio will connect perfectly (without me having to go into bluetooth settings)

On any subsequent ignition start, only Phone will connect. ( I can then manually go into settings and select Media, and it

Advertisement
    :
  2. jetland

jetland New Member

I have the exact same problem. Thought it was me. Will be calling Parrot to see if they have a solution or heard anything similar. Will post any updates.
  3. eske

eske Well-Known Member

The bummer is that as Parrot don't have the S4 on the compatibility list yet, so there's nothing we can do.
    But I'm unsure whether it's caused by a change that Samsung have made or not.
    Every time it wouldn't connect, I'd have to take my phone out of pocket, find settings, bluetooth, find device, tools, click Media ....
    But I've only just discovered that you can click the wheel button on the car kit instead of fumbling for the phone, turn to bluetooth and select and it'll connect - much much quicker
  4. jetland

jetland New Member

Parrot Support said they're aware of the problem but they do not yet have the phone for extensive diagnosis. They will troubleshoot asap but also suspect a fix has to come from Samsung. Waiting game.
  5. eske

eske Well-Known Member

Really, the guy I got in parrot said they hadn't come across any issues during testing. Mind you , that was 3 weeks ago.
    So it could be a while.
    Meanwhile we'll be jumping on every firmware update in anticipation :)
  6. Tware

Tware Well-Known Member

I was just happy my LS3200 connects at all LOL. Sorry, nothing constructive to add, other than Parrot support is really slow, but they have sent me beta software directly to get things working again.
  7. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Tware, sounds like it's resolved if you ask for some Parrot beta software.
  8. eske

eske Well-Known Member

Tware - that's pretty cool that they sent you beta software
  9. eske

eske Well-Known Member

Just got this back from Parrot by email - which unfortunately states they consider this acceptable :-(

"As long as you can stream music when you go to Settings>Bluetooth audio and select your phone this would not be looked at on our side. We would class this as acceptable.
    If you however go to this menu and the music doesn't play from your phone we would look at this during our compatibility tests."
  10. Tware

Tware Well-Known Member

ouch. well, tectiles may help, when the new version hits retail.